Home » » If two heads are better than one…

If two heads are better than one…

Since I got a mixed response to last week’s post asking if you preferred the larger slide show option versus my usual line of individual photos and because I still can’t figure out how to add captions to the slide show – I’ll continue doing both.  For those of you who like the slide show better – I’m sorry but you’ll have to scroll down and find the matching photo to learn the price and read my description of the item.  If you like the original format – just skip the album at the top of the post (though the album is showing different photos from the first few photos – trust me – they’re the same, just in a different order).

I very much appreciated everyone’s kind comments especially about my “quirky” unrelated-to-almost-anything opening paragraphs of each Friday post.  Thank you.  This email from Loretta sums up what I’m trying to achieve both on the blog and in the store:

My husband & I unreservedly prefer the original format. Your flavorful commentary lends a sense of humanity & community to the inventory. "Inventory" can be found anywhere--not so for the communal camaraderie we experience both in the brick 'n' mortar and in your blog. That's why we're regulars at both places. Best--Phil & Loretta

Trying to turn a stop at a used furniture store located in a poorly lite cold/hot (depending on the season) warehouse into something you look forward to doing every couple of week (or weekly! :-) is exactly what I’m hoping to achieve.

Why?  Because I genuinely like people.  I’m interested in who you are and what you do.  I think you’re wonderful!  I also like knowing my hard work is helping those most in need in DuPage County through your purchases (proceeds of what we sell are helping to support the programs and services offered through Outreach Community Ministries). 

What’s “new” this week, you ask?  Excellent question.  Let’s take a look at some of the things donated:

JFC 03-09-12 001JFC 03-09-12 002

eggplant color sofa and matching chair – both have issues with piping cord coming through – sofa is priced $85; chair $55

JFC 03-09-12 003JFC 03-09-12 004

amazing, wonderful trunk – not old but looks it yet has a great feature like safety hinges – priced $195

JFC 03-09-12 005

super nice, Broyhill green corduroy sofa with fabulous nail head trim priced $165

JFC 03-09-12 006

this is a way cool tweed chair and ottoman – couple of issues: one button came off (donor provided the button) and donor had a cat – there isn’t tons of cat hair but a little – priced $185 for both pieces

JFC 03-09-12 007

gorgeous wood and wrought iron end table for $125

JFC 03-09-12 008

denim slip covered sofa for $45

JFC 03-09-12 009JFC 03-09-12 010

sweet love seat priced $75; matching chair for $40

JFC 03-09-12 011

blue leather recliner priced $95 (has an unusual smell)

JFC 03-09-12 012

amazing brass umbrella stand priced $125

JFC 03-09-12 013

sweet and fun ice cream table with two chairs (table top needs some minor re-finishing) priced $145 for the set

JFC 03-09-12 014

wonderful old teacher’s desk w/Plexiglas protector – priced $135

JFC 03-09-12 015

lovely mission style entertainment center for $155

JFC 03-09-12 016

super wonderful red micro-suede FIVE piece sectional (in other words it comes apart into a lot of nice smaller size pieces) – one piece is a recliner and then one a chaise – priced $235

JFC 03-09-12 017JFC 03-09-12 018

set of four rolling chairs priced $125 for all; they’re gathered around one of the Hampton Inn tables which are priced $30 each

JFC 03-09-12 019JFC 03-09-12 020

as I was walking up and down Office Furniture Land looking for un-priced furniture – I came across this amazing, retro laminate desk with all these fantastic curved lines and couldn’t believe the guys dropped it in a line of fine – but functional – pieces!  It’s unbelievably wonderful!  I couldn’t find any brand name – but Barry, Uncle Mikey or Tom (all regular customers and my go-to people for vintage furniture information) could probably identify it – I priced it $145.  How did I do, guys?  Can you identify the designer from my photos?

 JFC 03-09-12 021

very nice Kimball two drawer lateral file cabinet priced $145

JFC 03-09-12 022JFC 03-09-12 023

this is a really interesting (in a good way) piece – it’s a four drawer dresser, the top drawer opens down and it’s where you might stash a DVD player and then on top is a TV stand that you can pull out and adjust for your viewing pleasure.  Lots of sweet storage plus a spot for your TV – not too shabby!  Priced $85

JFC 03-09-12 024

two very nice four drawer black dressers priced $50 each

Remember, we’re open today (Friday) from 1 to 8 and tomorrow (Saturday) from 9 to 4!

I hope you, dear reader, can stop in!  I’d really love to see you again or meet you for the very first time!

Blessings.

Powered by Blogger.