Home » » Story about Watches

Story about Watches

Yes, I know I haven't been blogging much lately but I'll try to do better. Just too much "chaos" in my life right now. And I am not happy about it. It will get better though.
*


This is a story of an anniversary gift from our son on our 50th wedding anniversary a few years ago. Although we requested no gifts as he and our daughter were treating us to a 3 day weekend in Santa Barbara on the beach and that was costly enough, our son gifted us with 2 very expensive watches. We had a delightful weekend and then went home. We put the watches back until we could get a few links taken out as they were a bit big. I'm sure these watches cost a couple of thousand dollars because when we took them in to the jewelers they told us they were extremely good watches—or in jewelers parlance, expensive, which is typical of our son and daughter.


It took us a while to get them into a jeweler who would do it. Yes, "a jeweler who would/could do it." They can only be done by the maker of the watches since there were no approved dealers in Boise. So our batteries wore down. Well, to have the battery changed we had to take them to an approved jeweler for these watches or send them in to the manufacturer. We took them to a jeweler who would wrap, insure and send them in to the watchmaker for us. It cost us $250.00 to have the batteries changed. Needless to say, we will now conserve the batteries by pulling the stem out (this preserves the batteries) when we are not wearing them. They are beautiful and have a simple elegance. I just wish our kids wouldn't spend so much money on us. They are both very generous to their mom and dad though. Now that I think about it, they'll inherit them. Hmmmm. ;-)
*


I don't think I know anyone who wouldn't love to have this kitchen. It's one of the largest and prettiest I've ever seen.


Or this one either. I love how they've woven new with vintage into a gorgeous kitchen. I wonder how they dust the rafters though. ;-)


I love blue but not a huge fan of blue rooms. But this one is stunning. The color of blue and the weaving in of reds and pinks and yellows is truly magnificent, as are the walls.


This room is a favorite of mine. I like the arrangement of furniture, easy to converse when 2 sofas are across from each other...if you have the room.


Of course the colors struck me first. I am not a fan of old dark pictures on the wall. Perhaps these are relatives but I'd still like to see bright cheery pictures on the wall.


I like this room a lot also. Just a room large enough to accommodate several friends at one time. It's just a lovely room.


A small cheerfully decorated dining room done in beautiful colors.


I had to show you this bar of carved soap. Who in the world would want to bathe with it after all that intricate carving was done? Just a stunning work of art.


A beautiful bouquet of roses in a lovely blue vase. Those look like David Austin roses to me but I am no expert on this at all.


A cute sofa in a french style. This looks rugged enough to have in a family room with a bunch of kids. I like this one a lot. I'll take it in pink however. :-)


More flowers in stunning colors of pink and orange.


I have no idea where this shop is but it's certainly a stunning place for a shop.


A delightful place on a back porch for two. I'd really like this on our patio but our patio faces south—in a desert—so you know eating out there isn't going to happen. I've resolved myself to that a long time ago. But this is how I'd like mine to look anyway. Beautiful!


A beautiful rose arch with a pebble stone walkway. We can dream, right?


I find this cute. Plain and simple: cute.
~*~

Linking up with Pink Saturday.   
Powered by Blogger.