Home » » What's new at Jubilee Furniture? Good question!

What's new at Jubilee Furniture? Good question!

Happy Friday dear readers! I hope all is well with you.

I have lots to share with you about the "new" things Dave picked up this week, but have to be honest that if you're in the market for dining room tables and chairs - we don't have a lot of options. We still have the following two sets that we had last week, but otherwise it's slim pickins.


Cherry drop leaf table, three leaves, table pads and six chairs for $235; French style oval table and six chairs for $650

Our inventory - on the other hand - in sofas remains high even though we sold $8,000 worth of furniture last Friday and Saturday. Yes, you read that correctly - we, for the second weekend in a row, hit $8,000 in total sales! Amazing. I remain extremely grateful to all of you who make the trip out to Jubilee Furniture each Friday (from 1 to 8) and Saturday from (9 to 4). Thank you.

So, let's take a look at what's new-to-us this week:


Alan White sofa for $110


Super clean fabric rocker for $115


Two piece sofa/chaise for $135 (it's hard to tell if this is brown, dark gray or greenish)


Again, I can't tell if this is super dark brown or black (sorry, the lighting is truly awful in the store) - anyway it's a great retro leather recliner and ottoman for $95


Okay, now this I know is a very red, micro-suede Lazboy sofa with two reclining elements on each end for $145


Peachy (as in the color not as in great, cool) velvet sofa for $35 (pretty faded)


Peachy (again as in the color, just in case this time you thought I meant great/cool - though it is a nice set) rattan furniture: chair (off to the left can hardly see it) $35; sofa $55; love seat $45; coffee table $25 and end table (glass is missing from the end table) for $15


Nice plaid sofa for $75


This might be my favorite piece this week - a 90" long retro sofa in absolutely mint condition for $135


This would be my second favorite piece because, hello?, it's plaid! Chair and ottoman for $195


Beautiful Smithe sofa for $145


If you come in the store on Saturday between 9 and 1, you'll have the opportunity to purchase some amazing baked goods (can baked goods be anything but amazing?) with 100% of the proceeds helping to rebuild the Maranatha Orphanage in Haiti. The idea to help the orphanage through a bake sale came from one my of volunteer's daughter and her family. Kat got the whole family involved and her six year old, Audrey, helped with the poster (if you look carefully at the photo to the right, Audrey drew a picture of what the orphanage looked like before the earthquake and then the destroyed building - see all the rubble? - afterward).

I'll close with a photo I took yesterday from the window by my desk which shows a train zipping by and some buildings in downtown Wheaton. Not that either the train or the buildings are that interesting - but rather that it was a sunny day in DuPage County, Illinois and isn't half bad today either! Since I feel like I've been moaning about how cold and gray and snowy it's been - I thought I should show you that we do occasionally see the sun!

Take care and I hope you have an excellent weekend!
Powered by Blogger.