Home » » I'd like to thank the Academy

I'd like to thank the Academy

Chicago Reader's Best of Chicago 2010 lists Jubilee Furniture under the category of Best Thrift Store! On their website http://www.chicagoreader.com/ after you click on the 2010 Best Of Chicago title, go to Goods and Services and then The Reader's Picks and finally Best Thrift Store and you'll find the write-up about Jubilee Furniture! How cool is that?!

Though the Friday hours listed in the article are incorrect (we open at 1:00 p.m. not 11:00 a.m.) and technically the store isn't in a mini-mall (just one building sitting there all alone - though there are other buildings close by) and I'm not sure I'd call the building "desolate-looking" (drab? dreary? ugly? okay maybe it is desolate!) - otherwise Katherine Raz has a really nice write up (thank you, Katherine!). And in case you didn't realize it, Katherine writes that my blog entries are "sometimes heartbreaking, sometimes unexpected or hilarious." Huge smile over that one.

Katherine hit the nail on the head when she writes "the employees - many of them volunteers - not only love furniture but are deeply committed to the idea of helping others...". It's true - we do love both, but I know my volunteers would say helping others is the real driver.

So, for the wonderful recognition and fabulous honor and on behalf of my whole team, I say a simple yet sincere - THANK YOU!

Peace to you, dear reader!

Oh and have a nice day!
Powered by Blogger.