Home » » Holy cow! Wait until you see what's new at Jubilee Furniture!

Holy cow! Wait until you see what's new at Jubilee Furniture!

Lots and lots to share with you today, dear readers - but first I want to introduce you to our new warehouse manager, Dan Snyder. Yes, you read correctly, Dan has joined the Jubilee Furniture team in the role of full-time warehouse manager and we're thrilled! He comes with a lot of practical experience in all things furniture and he's already doing an excellent job interacting with our donors, customers and volunteers. So, the next time you're in the store (maybe today from 1 to 8 or tomorrow from 9 to 4) please welcome Dan!


I sometimes wonder how I can still get so excited about furniture - especially other people's furniture - but I do. I love furniture. I love the design. The materials used to make a piece. The craftsmanship, especially of wood pieces.

I also love hearing the history of a piece of furniture. Who purchased it, when and why and why things are being donated. Just yesterday I was talking on the phone with a donor about some things he and his wife wanted to donate and he shared that the items are from his son's room. His son passed away almost six years ago at the age of 22 after a long illness. His son's room was left intact - no one could bear the thought of emptying it - until recently. When I asked how the donor found out about Jubilee Furniture, he told me he had gone online looking for an organization to donate to which "helps others because that's what my son would have wanted." Doesn't that make you cry? Do you see why I'm so passionate about what I do?

I am forever writing myself into corners that make it difficult to gracefully move in a direction of telling you about some of the furniture we picked up this week which is currently for sale at the store. Oh well - in my usual awkward fashion - let's continue:



we received a bunch of leather stuff this week - in the photos above are two Room and Board leather chairs which are priced $175 each (and they are unbelievably comfortable); R & B ottoman for $75 and R & B love seat for $225. For once the different color leathers in the photos are not from my stupid camera - they are different


gorgeous micro-suede sleeper sofa (looks like a Room & Board piece but I couldn't find a tag that said that, so I'm not sure) for $195


glass top pedestal coffee table for $145


wonderful sofa - the donor just cleaned the pillow covers - for $125


I love, love, love this secretary! Price? $245


excellent condition Lane sofa covered in birds (love!) for $165


beautiful (I guess I should have warned you this was another week where I was going to use a lot of gushy adjectives!) one seat cushion sofa for $125 (I like sofas which have a single cushion where you sit)


the donor told me these are travertine marble tables - the tops lift off the bases and the three can be arranged in whatever way your heart desires and are priced $125 for all three


look at this Pennsylvania House armoire - I love it! Priced at $350


this Pennsylvania House three drawer dresser and mirror match the armoire and I have two sets of them (so another dresser and mirror that look exactly like this one) and priced at $175 for one dresser/mirror combo


I just spent twenty minutes trying to find out about this full-size Simmons mattress/box spring - and can't seem to find this exact set - so either this is the deal of the century or somewhat over-priced. The box spring has a motor and lifts the head and foot of the mattress. I think there's heat too and something vibrates. We just picked it up yesterday or I would have plugged it in and tested it out - but I didn't have time. Speaking of time - the remote which operates the whole thing also tells you the time and I priced it $350. I know - clear as mud!


student desk for $25


plaid AND my favorite colors of blue and yellow - too bad about the rip in one of the back cushions - so this sleeper sofa is priced to sell at $20


not sure if this sofa is suede or not (how can you tell the difference?) and priced $195


sofa for $145 and matching love seat for $125 and both were just professionally cleaned (did I already tell you about ServiceMaster coming in every other week and give us four hours of cleaning for the cost of - FREE! I know - isn't that wonderful?!)

glass topped coffee table for $85

As if our inventory alone wasn't reason enough to stop in today (1 to 8) or tomorrow (9 to 4) - we have marked a whole bunch of stuff with a special 25% off tag. We have too much inventory (especially sofas) and need to move things out - it's that simple. Just to be clear - most of the 25% off stickers are on sofas and a lot of them are on pieces we have had for a while (though not everything). Okay?



May grace and peace be yours in abundance this weekend!
Powered by Blogger.