Home » » From Jubilee Furniture to You!

From Jubilee Furniture to You!

Happy Friday! Lots to tell you - not enough time. Am reading a Jodi Picoult novel, Harvesting the Heart, don't love it - but it's compelling and I allowed myself to read for far too long when I had a million other things to do - like update the blog. Sorry!

Love the sunny days we've been having. Thought I saw a robin yesterday which - ever since I was little - is cause for celebration. Whoever spotted the first robin and called Grandma with the news was awarded a shiny dime (remember I'm 51 and when I was a kid a dime still purchased quite a bit). My grandmother died June 10, 2000 and I think of her almost every day - she was a cool old lady. Smile.

Received some office supplies (mainly 3 ring binders) for donation and I had a team of volunteers help me sort, arrange and create signs. Don't you love 'em (the cute signs that is)? In case you can't read the print on the box of crayons - they're made from soybean. Is that greener than wax or whatever regular crayons are made of?





We also have some signed original paintings and lithographs in the store that I thought I would draw (draw - pretty good pun, painting/draw - get it?) your attention to. One of my volunteers did research about both Helen Howard and Edna Hibel and I just took a photo of what Tim wrote on the price tags and I hope you can read them yourself. As always, sorry for the poor photos.






And now onto the rest of what's "new" at Jubilee Furniture this week:


Gorgeous three drawer small dresser with marble top - don't you love the grain of the marble (is it called grain when it's a stone or something else?) for $245


Two stools w/backs (in case you couldn't tell) for $25 each


Beautiful antique-looking white sofa for $135


Four ladder back chairs for $100


Retro table for $40


A whole Thomasville bed set which includes: long, low dresser and two mirrors for $65; armoire (head board is leaning on it and it's hard to see) for $75; full or queen head board for $20 and nightstand for $45


Here's another matching set. This time it's Bassett. Long dresser (no mirrors) for $75; night stand for $50 and chest of drawers for $85


Green sleeper sofa for $40


Four metal chairs for $100


Smaller desk with leather top insert for $40


Red leather desk chair (always love nail head trim) for $95


Desk with hutch for $145


Leather love seat where both sides recline for $135


Beautiful Michael Thomas three piece sectional with ottoman for $225 (floral in muted shades of brown, rose and gray? Now I can't remember exactly)


Wicker painted white chair with cushions that match the Michael Thomas sectional for $125 and there are two of these chairs


Wonderful metal day bed for $250 (mattress sold separately)


Greenish chair for $40 - there is a matching sleeper sofa which I've priced $45 (both nice but there are faded/stained parts which is too bad)


Gorgeous green patterned chaise for $275

One of the nicest pieces of furniture we have ever received for donation. An Ethan Allen chair and a half in perfect condition with the loveliest patterned fabric for $395

Ahhhh, it's 10:35 and I still need to shower and dress! Please forgive any typos. Remember we're open today from 1 to 8 and tomorrow from 9 to 4. Come with your Visa, MasterCard or cash and your patience since I don't think I'll have many volunteers either day. Hopefully, the FREE cookies - and our wonderful selection - will keep you occupied until someone can give you a hand.

Take care and peace be with you!
Powered by Blogger.